This little egg is named C- Christopher, H- Hatcher, I- Ian, E- Edward, F- Forest - CHIEF Gillespie. My partner for this class was a shy, Kentucky fan ( hence the hat) named Larry, whose nickname was Chief. I really wanted to do well in the class & to have the best egg possible, I worked really hard on making the tiny clothes & decorating this egg. A lot of thought went into him, I don't think that Larry really cared about the project one way or the other, but he was always kind to me & the egg never broke, so I guess we did OK.
When I think about this egg now I think about how people are so much like my little CHIEF. We are often all "dolled" up wanting to make the appearance that we have it all together. The right look, the right clothes, the right makeup & hair, the right job, school, car, shoes, etc. But we are sometimes hollow & empty inside, just like this little egg.The feelings are gone, the insecurities haunt us. We are fragile, sometimes literally walking on eggshells trying to get through life. I see all of these faces from the past on the social networking sites & wonder if those kids, now adults, had these these feelings back then, or are even struggling now. ......?
Right now I am thinking of my sweet Sunday school class of 2,3 & 4 year olds. All this month we are celebrating God's love for us!! And once again I am reminded of an egg analogy, the Trinity is often described as an egg. Separate parts that all together make a whole...... God's love for us is never fleeting or failing, if there is a time that you are feeling hollow and empty, let God's love will fill your hearts. Visit or volunteer for a children's program. God's love is there, I can guarantee it. The love that you will see in a child is amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment