Monday, January 5, 2009

vacation.. all I ever wanted!!!



Today Pete had to head back to work after being at home with is for a week. As you can see Noah didn't want to let him go!! neither did I!! It has been a great week. We were able to accomplish a lot here at the house. Accomplish meaning, getting all of the laundry put away, the basement picked up & all decorations put away ( we hadn't put anything away since before Halloween!!) It was a disaster!! The space left to get organized is the craft space. We will see if that works out in the near future. I really would love to get back into stamping & scrapbooking. Pete & I had a few great rounds with the Wii Fit game. Did I mention that we folded a lot of laundry. Noah only had a couple of requests with his dad, he wanted to have a night of pizza & chocolate milk & for his dad to really grill him a steak, not on the George foreman like mom but on the gas grill!! Noah & Pete had a great boys day out, getting haircuts & running errands. Pete became Laurens new best friend during the week. She always wanted her daddy. She was even trying to move onto his lap while we were having meals on most days:) We spent New years eve with our friends the Brooks', Dan, Mary. Bennett, & Joanna. Bennett is 2 1/2 & Joanna is 7 months. The kids had a great time playing! The grownups played scattergories.... I am pretty sure we didn't complete the game, but it was great a great time for us too! We traveled to Michigan for a get together with the Ries' of Rochester & Berkley ( thanks Jenny) & the Berg/ Christensen family. I'll blog more about that separately. Yesterday, we had a great day out ( thanks to gifts from Pete's employees) We went to see Despereaux & to the Olive Garden. The movie was adorable & the kids were well behaved. Noah was so filled with excitement & the anticipation of the movie starting was hilarious. he really had no idea what movie we were going to see, he only wanted to know if we had seen it before!! He literally jumped out of his seat when the movie started!! At the Olive Garden the kids devoured their meals, which really made Pete & I happy, because even though we weren't really paying for he meals, if it was wasted we could have had an extra night out for just the 2 of us & then I would have been really annoyed for losing that chance. We let the kids have milk shakes with their meals ( ooo la la!! ) Before they were served to us we watched our server dump them onto the table behind us & onto the floor everywhere!!! If only I could describe the poor girl's face that it landed on!! oops!!! Last night we had another round of Wii fit & headed to bed. I didn't want to let Pete go back this morning. We had a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment